- The membership of the library is open to all registered students of the University of Jaffna and all Members of the university staff, irrespective of their grades.
- Staff or students of other universities and any other outsiders wish to use the library must obtain written permission from the librarian.
- The academic staff members, administrative staff members, non-academic staff members, under graduate students, and postgraduate students are eligible to use the library and borrow books.
- The librarian at his / her discretion may give permission to bonafied to scholar to read in the library, for short period. No person may make regular use of the library unless she/he is registered herself / himself as a reader.
- Eligible members need to fill the relevant registration forms to get their membership.