Three Dimensional Library
This is an innovative program introduced in the 2nd quarter of this year as it was realized the library has to promote its service through centralized information corners without any sectional barriers. The center place of the library has been selected for this programe for the exhibition. One particular topic in relation to curriculum in all disciplines is selected and it is arranged in the following manner.
- Objects related to the topic as primary Information Resources.
- Books and other materials related to the objects as secondary information resources.
- Important information is extracted from books and related materials as tertiary information resources.
Selection of the topic is based on the current event, the importance of the particular day for the exhibition and the important personalities at national level and the available resources in print and non-print form. A multimedia presentation also mounted in relation to the subject. A subject was selected in a way of the important events of the day. It will be displayed for at least two weeks to enable the reader to take reference.
Important Events of the Day
The important event of the day demonstrates the significant theme of a day within a time span. The main purpose of this corner is to promote its current awareness service in the form of bulletin boards, newspaper corner etc., and to give background information to the readers about the important days of the year. Based on the theme, books and other materials shall be placed together with a detailed information display about the significance of that day. Selection of the topic is based on the current event, the importance of the particular day for the exhibition and the important personalities at the national level, and the available resources in print and non-print form. A multimedia presentation was also mounted in relation to the subject. A subject is selected in a way of the important events of the day. It can be displayed for at least two weeks to enable the reader to take reference.
Know your role Model
Know your role model introduces an important personality as a role model for the readers with the display of a portrait, biography, and the materials produced by the person. It can accompany the bibliography of the work of the person. The display shall be changed by two weeks‟ time with different personalities. The purpose of this section is to bring awareness about a person and his or her contributions to society and to show the readers the strength of the collections of great personalities worldwide. A separate corner is selected in the center place of the reader services section on the ground floor to exhibit this program. Personalities of local importance are given priority. The exhibition is based on the following.
- Picture of the particular person in the center.
- Publications available at the library and the list of publications not available in the library.
- Biographical sketch of the person.
- Some of the programs are accompanied by PowerPoint presentations(PPT)
Multimedia demonstrations for readers via PPT are accompanied by the presentation. It can be displayed for at least two weeks to enable the reader to take reference.
Records of Human Thoughts
The purpose of setting up this display is to introduce the user to the various dimension of information resources available in human society and to improve Resource literacy, or the ability to understand the form of information resources, especially daily expanding networked information resources. There are two kinds of display is available to categorize the physical format and content format of the Library materials.
- Information storage devices: It consists of different information sources in a variety of types such as physical media, format, arrangement, subject, etc. For this purpose, all the base materials in which information is recorded from the Stone Age to the present times are displayed. In the case of devices like papyrus, bamboo, and birch bark which are not available photographs of the same are displayed. All the base materials such as stone, clay, wood, bark, cloth, leaf, parchment, metal, paper, and fiber are displayed here to expose the devices used by society in recording the information. In case the original materials are not available models are made for the storage media such as clay tablets, wood, metal book, parchment etc. Other devices such as ola leaf, and modern audio-visual materials such as audio cassettes, microfilm, microfiche, and realia of each item are collected and displayed. Tablets, scroll and codex are the three major formats in each storage device and the samples are collected in each format and displayed here.
- Reservoirs of Knowledge: This display is arranged based on the content of the library materials. Three kinds of materials (Primary, secondary and tertiary) are displayed here. A sample of each category is collected and displayed in this corner.