Permission to use the library is granted on condition that the rules and regulations of the library will be strictly observed. Users are assumed to know them.
Any reader stealing, damaging or knowingly removing library materials without authorization will be liable to a suspension from membership. He/She may in addition be liable to be reported to the Vice-Chancellor for disciplinary action.
No reader shall misuse, damage or remove without permission any equipment or furniture belonging to the library.
- Silence must be observed in all sections of the library.
- Smoking and consumption of food is not permitted inside the library.
- Bottles of ink may not be brought inside the library
- Bags, brief cases, umbrellas, files, cameras and hand phones may not be brought into the library.
- The staff at the control point may inspect books, containers or files taken in or out of the Library.
- A reader may introduce one or two visitors to see the library.
- Parties of visitors can be admitted only by arrangement with the Librarian.
- The library will not accept telephone calls on behalf of readers.
- Readers may not use library telephones.